On the 12th of May we set about making a wormery. First we had to go on a worm hunt! As it was a very dry day we had to try different ways to try and bring the worms up to the surface. We poured some water on the soil to coax the worms to come up. We also stamped on the soil, as birds do, to bring them up. We searched under rocks and stones as well and dug down into the soil. Eventually we managed to find about 12 worms.
Then we got a see-through container and began to fill it with layers of soil, sand and leaves. We repeated the layers all the way up to the top. We added some water to the container and then the captured worms.
Finally we put a black bag over the container. We will watch the worms work hard to change these layers of soil, sand and leaves into compost.