Or, follow our step-by-step guide to
STARTING YOUR OWN STREET SAVERS:
1. Choose one or two people to go and talk to your nearby friends, family and neighbours and see who is interested in joining your Street Savers. You can use our leaflet to help explain what it is about.
2. When you have a group of about 6 families, decide a time and place (someone’s house) to meet.
3. At the first meeting, talk about what you hope to achieve (e.g. saving money, getting together with your neighbours and cutting your carbon footprint!). We have many tips to help you save energy (see topics above), but you will all have great ideas to share as well!
Plan to meet once every 1 or 2 weeks to talk about and make a plan of action on these:
Meeting 1: Water – ways to save it
Meeting 2: Energy – ways to save it in your home and school/street
Meeting 3: Food – ways to reduce food miles and food waste
Meeting 4: Transport – ways to travel greener, more public transport, car pooling
Meeting 5: Where to go from here – how to continue what you’re doing
and DO MORE!
4. At the end of each meeting, agree whose house you’ll meet in next and what time.
5. At each meeting you can choose to do a challenge, share with each other easy ways to save energy on the topic of that meeting, and most of all have fun! We recommend bringing cake to share!
STREET SAVERS: SAVING THE PLANET ONE STREET AT A TIME!
Our Logo: Street Saver Sam